Attorney with Leavy, Schultz, Davis & Fearing, PS for 30 years. George served on the Washington State Bar Association Disciplinary Board. Admitted to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, US District Court for Eastern Washington, Court of Federal Claims, Washington State and Benton Franklin County Bar Associations.
Other Professional Experience
George taught continuing legal education seminars; served as pro-bono counsel to ARC of Tri-Cities, numerous religious organizations.
• Juris Doctor, University of Washington Law School
• Bachelors/Business Administration, Magna cum laude,
Walla Walla College
President of the Walla Walla University Alumni Association; Rotarian; Sabbath School teacher and church board member; Tri-City Academy Board
"My father was a minister and my mother a nurse, instilling in me a spirit of public service. The law has been and will continue to be my ministry. I follow my mentor, retiring Judge Dennis Sweeney, who hired me as an intern in his law firm in 1981. Southeast Washington has been my home since attending Walla Walla college.
"I’ve represented cities and counties throughout Eastern Washington, and have successfully defended law enforcement officers wrongfully sued for protecting the community."
• George has earned a superior reputation for his extraordinary character, integrity, and knowledge of the law.
• He has argued before the Court of Appeals and State Supreme Court.
• During his 31 years as a private lawyer George Fearing has represented scores of municipal corporations in litigation.
Benton County Emergency Management Services
Columbia Irrigation District
Ellensburg School District
Franklin County Fire District #5
Franklin County Irrigation District
Franklin County Public Utility District
Kennewick Irrigation District
Kennewick School District
Port of Pasco
Richland School District
Tieton School District
• During his career, George has often provided legal services free of charge to indigent citizens and to charitable organizations, including his church and the ARC of Tri-Cities.
• George is a Rotarian.
• He has served in the following capacities:
Member Washington State Disciplinary Board
Member Washington Commission on Judicial Conduct
President Walla Walla University Alumni Association
Member Tri-City Junior Academy Board of Directors
Member Pasco Riverview Seventh-day Adventist Church
Elector 2012 Presidential Election
Trustee Interfaith Religious Liberty Foundation
• He has repeatedly and successfully defended law enforcement officers wrongfully sued for protecting the community.
• He has represented individuals harmed in accidents and employees wrongfully terminated.
• George excels in research and writing, skills essential for an appeals judge.
• George enjoys music, traveling, and climbing Badger Mountain with his son.
• George was recently honored as Walla Walla University Alumnus of the Decade for the 1970s.
“It’s an honor to be a member of the Court of Appeals,
and I pray that I will do an excellent job for the
citizens of Washington.
I respectfully ask for your vote.”
– George Fearing
George has a special place in his heart for Veterans, visiting the World War II Memorial in Washington DC to pay respects to those who served.
The Appeals Court for Division III covers all of Eastern Washington; Fearing’s position represents the nine counties of Southeast Washington: Adams, Asotin, Benton, Columbia, Franklin, Garfield, Grant, Walla Walla and Whitman.